13 november 2008

Kirk Hammett om soundet på DM


Så var det Kirks tur att uttala sig om soundet på Death Magnetic. Av texten nedan så är det ju uppenbart att han, som vissa andra, lägger "skulden" på Rubin:


"Well, it's like this: There are people who just
expect perfection from us. And I totally get that. And when it falls short of
their standards of perfection, they're going to complain. And I totally get
that, too. I do hear a bit of clipping here and there. It was more a Rick Rubin
[producer] sort of decision rather than the band decision, because he thought it
made it sound a little bit more lively and dynamic, and we kinda gave him the
benefit of the doubt on that. And you know, to me, when I crank the album when
I'm driving, it's not an issue for me. But then again — my ears are kinda fried,
too, bro.""What's that STOOGES album that has, like, the worst [sound] of all
time? Was it 'Funhouse'? I can't remember. But you know what? That album is
hailed as groundbreaking now!"


Och på frågan om det finns en chans att Death Magnetic kan tänkas remixas i framtiden:

"Well, you know, the album is what it is. And
ultimately it's because of us that it is what it is. And at this point, my
attitude is, take it or leave it. You know?"


Take it or leave it!

12 kommentarer:

  1. Leave it då. Finns 100 bättre versioner nu.

    SvaraRadera
  2. visst är det helt ok att leava metallica helt och hållet? (Då menas såklart inte att jag vägrar gå tillbaka och lyssna på master of puppets och de andra godingarna)

    SvaraRadera
  3. Nej Dragan, det är inte ok. Däremot är det helt ok att leava din mamma.

    SvaraRadera
  4. Avliva din mamma.

    Metalliac 4 life föfasen. Däremot är jag nästan lite less DM nu. Njuet mer av att lyssna på något gammal på riktigt hög volym med lurar. DEt går i vågor dock det där.

    SvaraRadera
  5. Det där har hänt ofta senaste tiden, att jag byter plats på c och a. Gny!

    SvaraRadera